I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1980 with a B.S. in Child Development. While my husband Merle and I were at Pitt, the Lord laid the vision for a Christian ministry on our hearts. It's an amazing story about how the Center got started and God gets all the glory! Over the years I have fulfilled many duties at the Center; everything from teaching Preschool and Kindergarten, to managing the accounting department.
Currently, I am the Director of Development at the Center. I am married to Merle, the Center Director, and we have three beautiful girls, Sarah, Danah, and Amy, who are all grown.
I love sharing about what the Lord is doing here! My role is to work with public relations, recruitment and retention of students, and with raising funds. In my 'spare' time I love to read and travel.
I am privileged to serve the Lord here. God has done many miracles these past years. All the honor and praise goes to our Lord Jesus!
Barbara A. (Kalb) Skinner
Diploma | 1976 | Connellsville Area High School
BS in Child Development | 1980 | University of Pittsburgh
· Cum Laude
Co-Founder of the Indian Creek Valley Christian Family & Children’s Center
Board of Directors Secretary/Treasurer
Preschool teacher | Connellsville Area Preschool | 1980-1981
· Taught three to five year old classes
Development Director | Christian Family & Children’s Center | 1981 to present
· Oversees public relations, student recruitment, and fund raising.
· Grant writer
· Oversees accounting and prepares IRS Form 990
· Experience in A/R, A/P and budgeting
· Plans community coach bus trips
· Past teacher at Champion Christian School in preschool, kindergarten and reading
· Lead Bible studies and seminars
· Provides administrative support including databases
Serve on the Board of Directors of the Mountain Laurel Chamber of Commerce (MLCC)
Member of the Laurel Mountain Ministerium representing the Center
- First Aid/CPR
- D.I.S.C. Trainer for Walk Thru the Bible
- Certificate from The King’s College and Seminary online class on Israel
- Certificate from the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) Mental Health Coach First Responder
Presenter at Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Mid-Atlantic Early Education Conference March, 2005
Served on an ACSI Accreditation team
· Received the Rogers/Curry Award from the University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, Applied Psychology given "to an alumna that exemplifies the spirit of Fred Rogers and Nancy Curry." March, 2005